1. Complete the following sentences:
In a circuit with a capacitor, the _________________ leads the voltage by __________.
In a circuit with an inductor, the current _______________ the voltage by __________.
In a resistor the voltage and current are always ______ ___________________.
In a series circuit, the current is ____ ______________ all the way round.
We can show the phase relations with a _____________________ diagram.
2. Draw a phasor diagram to show the relationship between resistance, reactance of a capacitor, and the reactance of an inductor in a series RLC circuit.
On your diagram, show the impedance vector.
4. Write down an expression for the phase angle when XL > XC.
5. Write down an expression for the phase angle when XC > XL.
6. Write down an expression to find the impedance, Z.
7. Define the impedance Z.
8. Explain why a real inductor needs to be modelled with a series resistor
9. In a series circuit, you have two inductors. How would you model them into a series RLC circuit?
10. In a series circuit, you have two capacitors. How would you model them into a series RLC circuit?