Capacitor Properties Self Test
1. What is the unit for capacitance?
2. Show the symbol for a non-electrolytic capacitor.
3. Give one advantage of using an electrolytic capacitor over a non-electrolytic capacitor.
4. State what happens when the working voltage of a capacitor is exceeded.
5. What is meant by the leakage current of a capacitor?
6. What happens to the tolerance of a capacitor as it gets older?
7. Explain why electrolytic capacitors can have a very high capacitance.
8. Explain why a capacitor is ruined if its working voltage is exceeded.